A huge thank you to Chasing Agatha for nominating our blog! If you haven’t already, check out her blog at: https://chasingagatha.wordpress.com/blog/. It’s a great window into the world of writing, book reviews, and the wonderful genre of murder mystery stories!
This is how this fun “new blogger” award works:
So, going in order, we nominate the following blogs:
And, to answer the 11 questions given to us:
- Is there such a thing as the perfect murder? If so, what?
Whitney- I do love the crime/thriller genre! But, I suppose I’m not adept enough in it to say I can think of the “perfect murder.” I do like the vigilante idea, the revenge type with the ultimate goal of righting the wrongs in the world.
Wendy- I believe so. There are a lot of unsolved murders out there.
- Do you believe that people are generally good at heart?
Whitney- I’ve always been a little bit of a cynic. I guess I would have to say that I think some people are good at heart, but not everyone.
Wendy- I do believe the majority of people are good at heart. When I run across someone who is not I always wonder what happened to them that day to cause them to be so mean.
- How do you feel about self-publishing vs. the traditional route?
Whitney- I think self-publishing is a great way to get your writing out for the world to see! It’s really opened up a lot of great avenues for up and coming writers to get their names out there. But, there’s still something abut the traditional route that I love. But, then again, I’m old-fashioned about almost everything.
Wendy- I LOVE self-publishing! Why do writers think they need to depend on that one person making a decision if their story is worth telling? I grant you that self-publishing is a difficult road with figuring out how to format, make a book cover, self-promote etc…. But I am enjoying this adventure with Whitney and cannot wait to publish our first book. 🙂
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy?
Whitney- Plane tickets, not sure to where, but I would definitely travel!
Wendy- Travel! Anywhere Anyhow
- How many close friends do you really have?
Whitney- Four, and they’re all I need. =)
Wendy- Close? None. I have many friends I love and we do things together but none really know who I am.
- Are you a private person or a social butterfly?
Whitney- I’m a combination of both, I’d say. I love meeting new people and being social, but I also need my time, locked away alone with a book and some quiet.
Wendy- I would have to say private.
- If you are in a crowded room, do you prefer to set with your back to the wall, or will just anywhere do?
Whitney- I’ll be the person running around everywhere and talking to everyone.
Wendy- I like to sit where I know I will meet people. I do enjoy talking to people. I love to ask and listen to what their lives are about.
- If you had a time machine and could travel to any event in history, where would you go?
Whitney- There are several historical periods I’ve always been interested in. My first reaction is to say the 1920s and 30s. I love the feeling of social revolution that was in the air (especially surrounding the build up to the Spanish Civil War), and the writing, art, etc. of the time (G. Orwell, D. Parker, Picasso, etc.).
Wendy- I would love to meet Jesus.
- What is your favorite song of all time?
Whitney- It’s hard for me to say, really… I don’t necessarily have a favorite song, but I do love everything by Panic! At the Disco and Fun/ Nate Ruess.
Wendy-The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel. Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed, I will go into a dark room and this song always comes into my head.
- How did you come up with the title of your blog?
We just loved the sound of Mom and me!
- Who is your favorite book character?
Whitney- Again, this is a hard one to answer! I did love The Hunger Games trilogy (Katniss was pretty hardcore) Game of Thrones (Arya is awesome), and my current favorite is 1984 (Winston isn’t the most interesting of characters, but I really enjoy the book). So, I guess you could say I like characters that tend to go against the norm and question the “system.”
Wendy- Rhett Butler! If I was Scarlett I would never of let that man go.
11 Random facts about us… Since there are two of us, we’ll do a few about both of us, and a few about each of us.
Both of us:
- We’re both very short and have tiny feet–something we inherited from our Japanese genes.
- We both love to travel.
- We both own dogs who are adorable.
- I speak Spanish fluently (and we’re hoping to publish all of our books/ stories in both English and Spanish).
- I’m obsessed with history! Especially Spanish history–Golden Age and Spanish Civil War are my two favorite periods to study.
- I’m a teacher- I taught Spanish in the US for two years, and English in Spain for four. Aside from writing, teaching is my passion. Sharing my love for culture and language with my students, and seeing them progress and learn and actually get excited about the subject is wonderful!
- I met my husband in Spain. He’s also American and studies Spanish Linguistics. We live in Spain currently and are both working as English teachers.
- I am taking Spanish lessons on skype every week. (My daughter is my teacher and she is tough.)
- I am a RN. Well, I don’t practice anymore but I maintain my license.
- I have 4 great kids! They are doing great in this journey of life and have wonderful spouses.
- I have 10 grandchildren and the possibility of more.
AND… Our Questions for our nominees:
- What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
- Coffee, Tea, or neither?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- What’s one of the most moving experiences you’ve had?
- What makes you whole-heartedly happy?
- What book turned you into a “reader”? Or- What book has had the most impact on you?
- What is your day like?
- Briefly, describe yourself.
- Why did you create your blog?
- Do you have a suggestion for us fellow bloggers on how to promote our page?
- Which tag do you search the most?